Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Wonderland for Sandy Hook Elementary

The kids from Sandy Hook Elementary school will not be going back to school until after the first of the year. When they do return, it will not be to the same school but to an unused school builing about 10 miles away. Work is ongoing to move desks, furniture, and all of the other business of school items to the "new" building. So many people have wanted to know how they can help that the Parent-Teacher-Student Association decided that if folks would send snowflakes to the school district, they could have the new building decorated with a winter wonderland them when the students return in January. Click here to link to the Connecticut PTSA website setailing how you can help in other ways as well.


I spent the day on Thursday helping patients to cut out snowflakes. Some needed to be reminded how to fold the paper, some I worked together on snowflakes, some wanted me to leave paper so they could work on snowflakes independently. I will collect the flakes on Christmas Eve and mail them on the 26th.



Here are the snowflakes that I made. I took these at my desk with my iphone, so pardon the wonkiness.











Zippy and I will be working on more over the weekend.



Mail your snowflakes to:


Connecticut PSTA
60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT  06514


Send your snowflakes to the Connecticut PTSA before Janurary 12th.




Thank you so much for stopping by during such a busy season. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it.






2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. Those snowflakes are gorgeous! Do you have a link or a pattern on how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a pattern for the s'flakes- I sketched them out directly on the folded paper based on how you make paper doll chains. I did look just now and hound this link for circular paper dolls holding hands:

      http://www.ucandostuff.com/Guide-495-How%20to%20make%20a%20circular%20paper%20doll%20chain.aspx

      I folded my paper according to the method in the post but this works just as well. Maybe even use coffee filters. Thanks so much for stopping in The Jungle-- blessed Christmas season to you and yours.

      Delete