Friday, December 21, 2012

Let It Snow!



This is my office door. Even though is was easy-peasy drawing that bear, it was great fun. Just sittin' on a snow bank, blowin' bubbles snowflakes. And you thought snow came from the clouds.... silly butterflies. Cutting out snowflakes is one of those things we all do as a kid and then one day, when we're all grown up and want to cut them out, we can't remember how to fold the paper! Fear not- help is on the way. Martha Stewart has a nice resource for folding, as does Snowflakes Info.



However, I think this is the easiest way to fold your snowflake paper. Folding this way gives you the marks for folding the paper into thirds. I'm sorry, I don't remember where I first learned to fold this way so I don't have a link. Just copy/paste/print the image below.









Sorry it got kind of crowded at the bottom of that page but I hope you can make sense of it.



OK, now---- stop back in tomorrow and I'll show you something very special that you can do with all of those snowflakes that you cut. It would be a great activity to share with your kids. In the mean time, thanks so very much for visiting today.






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this door! And... you are great at drawing that Polar bear! Mine kept turning out like a huge white RAT. ha! I used your idea- and your bear- and shared a link to your post. LOVE this so much. Thank you.
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the door....could I ask where you got the picture of the polar bear from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    I love the idea for your door! I saw it on pinterest. I have used your idea for inspiration and made my own door. I was hoping to do a blog post about it, but wanted to get your permission first. I would provide a link back to your site. You can email me at anewdayoflearning@gmail.com or from my blog or Facebook Fan Page!
    Thanks,
    Michelle
    A New Day of Learning
    Facebook Fan Page
    Teachers Pay Teachers

    ReplyDelete