Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Photo Challenge- Orange


I issued myself another photo challenge a couple of weeks ago. At the time it seemed that selecting the color orange would be a tricky task but turns out not so much.

Backpack


The parameters of this challenge were simple. One- the subject had to be orange. Two- and here's where it got fun at times- I couldn't touch the object to photograph it. I could move over, under, and around it. I could change the settings on my camera ad infinitum. I could wait for the shadows to move or come back later when the light changed but I couldn't turn on or off any lights.  I could go prowling around the house or countryside looking for my friend Orange, but the object had to be photographed where and as I found it. No touching. In situ.

Glue Caps


Some of the pictures included here were taken with the Hipstamatic app on my iphone but the same rules applied.


Purse


I've been undertaking these little self-assigned exercises for a couple of reasons. First, I hope to teach my mind and my eye to "see like a photographer". OK- ha!ha! I'm so far from being an actual photographer that it makes me feel like such a fake to even say that. But it's good to have dreams. Second, it gives me a chance to play around with my camera and to learn some of the technical aspects of photography. Third, it makes me look at the world, not just to find a picture, but to see the world as it is around me. There are so many shapes and colors and sizes in our world. Sometimes we miss a funny juxtaposition or a small beauty because we're rushing off to the next thing on our list.


Lego1


I finally had to end this challenge as it turns out there it a great deal more of the color orange in the world than I originally suspected. But after spending some time with Orange, we've become friends and I'm glad we have plenty of Orange for everyone.


File Folder1



Great Grandma's Quilt



39 Clues



Paper Lantern



Feather Boa



Ou Sok Eng's bookmark






2007 Mustange
I almost fainted when I saw this 2007 Mustang. I had to stop photographing it because I was falling in love.






Pencil



Pumpkin Blossom



Book Shelf
Go look on your bookshelf. There are tons of books with an orange spine.



Ribbon



Legos2



Nail Polish



Lilly


I hope you have enjoyed my little tour of Orange. I did have an unfortunate incident while transferring photos from my phone so some really cool Hipstamatic pics are gone forever. Pouf- into cyber-oblivion.

I'm going to put on my thinking cap for the next photo challenge. If you are interested in playing along, drop a comment here and I'll let you know.

Thanks for coming over today-
hope to see you again.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to really stretch yourself creatively. I particularly like the challenge of not moving the orange objects. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete