Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 2nd- A Good Day For Love



This post will be similar to last year's anniversary post without all the pictures. Today is the 17th anniversary of the best decision I ever made in my life. Oh, I've made some poor choices in my day, but saying "Yes" to Big 'Un was The Best Choice I've ever made. (I call him Big 'Un because you notice I'm standing on the step above him. Farm fed)


But today, as we head out, I'm thinking about this picture. The sweet little blonde girl standing in from of the dashing groom is my cousin's daughter. She got married last year, on July 2nd. The equally adorable little boy standing beside my freshly minted husband is his nephew. He's getting married today.


I love this picture and pray that my Zippy-girl would choose not only a man as fabulous as her father but also harbor a secret hope that they  would choose July 2nd for their wedding date. I don't know, she's got a mind of her own and has never been one to do anything just to make someone happy. But I can always hope.


I've no doubt that the two other brides linked to the photo have things much more together than I could ever hope. Both are beautiful young women and they are lovely to look at as well. The other grooms associated with this photo are fine young men as well. I can't say as Big 'Un and I have provided an example of a perfect marriage by any stretch but I defy you to find a couple who can. I do think we've tried our best to work through the rough spots- and everyone has them- with faith, humor, and forgiveness.


So Happy Anniversary to all you July 2nd couples out there. It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment