Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting Reved Up

Thanksgiving Fog - Albany, NY - 09, Nov - 02
by Sebastein b. via Flickr
What? It's November 4th? But, isn't it October something? Like October 4th?

Amazing.

Thanksgiving, Orcas Island
by Peiro Sierra via Flickr

First I would like to send a shout out to Pam at Gingerbread Snowflakes for including me in her post yesterday on all the great crafts and projects for the holiday season. Click here to go see all the fun. Thanks Pam!

Is it approaching. Pam reminded me via her email yesterday morning that there are 52 days until Christmas. That means it's 51 days now. Yikes! I better get it together.


Autumn is on its way !*
by AmUnivers via Flickr

Pam's post references a stained glass stand-in project I did earlier this summer as a possible Christmas craft. As a matter of fact, I have all the supplies for doing just that sitting on the table in my playroom.

Dust pan kitten 2
by Dan Coulter via Flickr

Yes, just sitting there. For the past month. Quietly collecting dust. Sigh. I'll get to it.


Traffic jam next to Siam Paragon in Bangkok
by UweBKK via Flickr

The problem is that I'm not really sure how this blogging during the holidays will go for me, this being my first holiday season with a blog to feed and water. I spend at least an hour and a half every day (on "normal traffick days") just driving to and from work and Zippy's school and I generally work 9 hour days with a 12 hour day thrown in about once a week, just for fun. I know, lots of you fabulous folks do way more than that and I envy your "got-it-togetherness."

Additionally, I do two Christmases a year: one at work for the patients (with all the decorations and crafts and special events) and one for my personal life. So I'm usually fried to a holiday crisp by mid-December. My thoughts have always been that if I can just get to December 23rd I can coast from there. Inevitably, I lapse into a coma Christmas night on the couch at my in-law's house. This year, because things have already been so busy, my creative juices just aren't flowing like they usually do (which is normally just a trickle anyway but I do what I can). And because we have a big event at Zippy's school this Saturday, guests coming, and a project at church, there's a pretty good chance it will be next week before I bob to the surface here.

 
AEDM journal, week 1
by tallasiandude via Flickr

I'm not complaining- it's just the way things are in my world. I'm not one of those prodigious worker bees who some how manage to accomplish 36 hours of work in 24. My days seem to have more like 18 hours! And seriously, at least some part of every day must be reserved for snuggling, even if it's only 30 minutes. I need to spend that time with my gang, catching up, bouncing ideas, making plans, telling jokes... all that cool and important stuff. No matter what else is happening, my family is my number one priority.


Snuggle
by zorbs via Flickr

I worry that y'all will give up on me and I really do crave your visits and comments. So bear with me- I do have some fun things to share with you this holiday season. It's a joyful time. We'll just see how it goes. Check back soon for a holiday version of the faux stained glass- the same but a little bit different.


Dead motherboard - bad capacitors?
by gpshead via Flickr

If you become a follower, you'll get the newests posts. Plus, today's project is seeing if I can add an RSS feed. Oh so techie!


So be cool, hang in there, don't panic, and let's get this holiday party started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment